ALOO TIKKI – also called as Aloo Cutlets, made with mashed potatoes, herbs and spices is a famous Indian snack recipe. It is considered the Indian equivalent of hash browns. Unlike the usual Aloo Tikki recipes, I have used very few spices, but the taste I should say was delicious. Really liked the combination of spices used. Not very spicy hence kid-friendly yet flavorful. Because of which the patties got over in minutes. Aloo Tikki or Aloo ki Tikki could be served hot with tomato ketchup or even coriander chutney. We had it just like that. Or even between bread as a sandwich. Try out this recipe, I’m sure you would be amazed by the taste of this yummy Aloo ki tikkia. For the detailed written recipe, watch the video attached.
For the patties
- 5 Boiled Potatoes mashed, a few lumps are fine.
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 or 3 Green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida powder
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- 4 no: Mint leaves chopped
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil For frying
- Boil the potatoes
- And then remove the skin when the potatoes are just warm and not hot
- With a masher, mash the potatoes
- A few lumps are fine
- Then to it add all the ingredients under the "for the patties" section except the vegetable oil
- With hand, mix all the ingredients to the potatoes
- Once the ingredients are mixed and start forming together into a big dough, add the vegetable oil
- Again keep kneading to form a big ball
- It need not be a smooth dough and not to worry for that
- Once that is done, apply oil on your hands and take a portion of the dough made before, approximately a handful size ball
- Make it into a smooth ball and then pat into patties and keep it on another plate
- Keep doing the same until you get all the patties ready for frying
- The number would vary depending on the size of the balls taken
- To a frying pan with vegetable oil, kept on medium flame, place 3 or 4 patties (depending on the size of the frying pan).
- Fry it until both sides turn brown, flipping halfway through
- Move to another plate lined with kitchen tissues to absorb the excess oil
- And that's it, yummy Aloo Tikki is Ready!!
Try out this yummy Aloo Ki Tikkia And let me know how you enjoyed this. Lots of love, TheLemonGinger ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Youtube Subscribe: https://youtube.com/c/thelemonginger Instagram: https://instagram.com/thelemonginger Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLemonGinger Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/thelemonginger/